Friendly, all year cycling club
beatbike is a road cycling club based in St Albans, Hertfordshire. We provide indoor and outdoor cycling training, including club runs, with British Cycling qualified coaches for all levels of ability.
Friendly – our club is open to all levels of experience, from complete beginners who have never been on a road bike to those training for sportives/triathlons. Training is cycling specific and sociable.
All year -our club runs on a Tuesday and Friday morning are the heart of who we are. All year round we also provide cycling specific Spinning classes (Wed pm and Fri am) for all levels of fitness.
Cycling – we specialize in training complete beginners and novices to ride road bikes safely and with good technique. Our Road Confidence and Skills sessions give you the confidence to take up the healthy, sociable sport of road cycling.
Club – our club rides operate on a membership basis. Membership is £50 per annum which includes: club rides, great club discounts at local cycling friendly businesses and invitations to special events. Non-members can pay-as-you-go for our spinning classes.
Philosophy – cycling is a fantastic sport for mind and body – for everybody. The secret is to be prepared to give it a try and….be brave.
How membership works
Membership costs £50 per annum.
- Members can turn up and ride at any or all of our Tuesday/Friday club rides (09:30 – 12:30); there is no need to pre-book. Club rides all leave promptly from the same point and at the same time every week.
- Members also have access to indoor cycling classes – Spinning all year round on a Wednesday evening and on a Friday morning. These classes are charged extra at £10 per class.
- Members can choose to use spin classes only and not join club runs.
- Members have full use of changing rooms and sauna at Fitness First St Albans before and after Spinning class on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Members receive exclusive invitations to special events organized throughout the year, such as coached sessions at the Lee Valley Velopark, Hillingdon Circuit, or Welwyn Velopark, as well as club social events
- Members receive fantastic discounts with local businesses who love us as much as we love them:
10% off all treatments at Moveology
We’d love you to join us and experience a friendly, sociable cycling dedicated club. We train hard but we also have a lot of fun too. Our experienced coaches can help you reach your personal goals. We have a great relationship with Verulam Cycling Club, so if training up to be able to join their club runs is your aim (minimum requirement 40 miles at average 12 mph) – we can help. With a hassle free online booking system and classes for all levels of experience – you can ride your way.
Why let fear of the roads or the unknown road bike put you off when after just one of our Road Confidence and Skills sessions you could be confident and competent enough to head out with our club rides? (For details of our next course click here)
We encourage you to contact us if you have any questions and we look forward to welcoming you to our friendly community of riders who are waiting to inspire your every pedal stroke, leaving you feeling ready to take on the world, on and off your bike.
See you on a bike!